Why learn Ruby?
For the following reasons:
- Ruby is one of the top programming languages
- Language community is active and supportive
- Ruby constantly evolves
- Really great for startups, internal tools and prototyping
- Developer happiness
By having hands-on along with me, you will:
- Learn basic language concepts of Ruby
- Learn to write programs in Ruby
- Learn how to execute Ruby programs
- Learn to automate the boring stuff with Ruby
- Learn to use command line handling in Ruby
- Learn the directory structure and classes in Ruby
Budh Ram Gurung (BRG)
BRG is an IT Teacher, Educator, Mentor, Full Stack Engineer, Social Coder
and a Researcher.
He has around 10 years of IT Experience including Full Stack Web Development, QA Automation, DevOps softwares development and Open Source community management.
Following his passion, he switch from core software development to teaching in 2019 and has been teaching, counselling students to become a good professional engineers.
Ruby is one of the popular language which saw its first public release
in the year 1995. The best part of the language is that it is developer
friendly and the learning curve is also very low.
In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn from basic concepts like Hello World to writing complex program which includes Classes and command line arguments.
|10:00 AM||Introduction & icebreakers|
|10:15 AM||Installation and Setup of Ruby|
|10:30 AM||Hands-on of language basics|
|11:45 AM||A bit of advance concepts|
|12:15 PM||Building small projects in Ruby|
|1:00 PM||Recap, Q & A and Takeaways|
NOTE: The duration may extand by half an hour.
- Laptop or Computer
- Working knowledge of Computer
- Basics of C language
- Enthusiasm to learn