Why learn Git and GitHub?
For the following reasons:
- All IT companies use Git
- Git is one of the best source code management tool
- GitHub host amazing Open Source projects
- GitHub integrate well with many Software Development platforms
- Knowledge of Git will help in managing project well
Git and GitHub
By having hands-on along with me, you will:
- Learn basic commands of Git
- Learn to manage your own projects
- Create the GitHub account and manage project well
- Learn to collaborate on projects with friends
- Create the GitHub developer portfolio
- Understand the basics of Markdown language used by GitHub
Budh Ram Gurung (BRG)
BRG is an IT Teacher, Educator, Mentor, Full Stack Engineer, Social Coder
and a Researcher.
He has around 10 years of IT Experience including Full Stack Web Development, QA Automation, DevOps softwares development and Open Source community management.
Following his passion, he switch from core software development to teaching in 2019 and has been teaching, counselling students to become a good professional engineers.
Git is one of the powerful tool to manage your source code effectively and has been
extensively used in many IT companies. However, GitHub is one of the popular and
free platform to host your project repositories.
In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn from building your GitHub developer portfolio to basic Git commands and manage the project source code.
|10:00 AM||Introduction & icebreakers|
|10:15 AM||Installation and Setup of Git & GitHub Account|
|10:30 AM||Hands-on of common Git commands|
|11:45 AM||Pushing your code to GitHub|
|12:15 PM||Collaborate on common project with friends|
|1:00 PM||Recap, Q & A and Takeaways|
NOTE: The duration may extand by half an hour.
- Laptop or Computer
- Working knowledge of Computer
- Enthusiasm to learn